Sunday, March 19, 2017

ONE CHANCE

One chance
To see the world
To see your face
To cry in your arms
To hear you sing me to sleep
To make a 'pee fountain'
To take my first step

One chance
To dry my tears on your dress
To hear the words "I love you"
To catch a ball
To play with a baby doll and pretend to be a mommy, too

One chance
To have a broken heart
To laugh at something funny
To cry when I am sad
To scrape my knee
To play in the rain
To fail, and learn from my failure
To let you and dad know me
To see me grow into a fine young man or fine young woman
To let me fail a test in school and maybe get an "F"
To get an "A" and see how proud you are of me
To know the pain of losing someone close to me
To tell you "I love you" and hear "I love you, too"
To be loved, unconditionally

One chance
To have a date
To learn to drive a car
To get a job
To lose a job
To get a detention

One chance
To walk down the aisle
To say "I do"
To know the joy of having my own family

One chance
To grow up, to grow old
To die a natural death

I'll take all the good and all the bad that comes with an ordinary life; all the joys and sorrows, all the loves and loves lost, for that one chance

All I pray is for that one chance...

...at life

No comments: