Friday, January 2, 2015

2015

I never make New Years resolutions, other than the same one every year:

I vow, in 2015, to continue to step up my game in political/ideological/philosophical, etc, engagement. I vow to learn more, to research more, to seek answers more. I vow to be more patient in my listening skills. I vow NOT to allow ignorant, misleading and untruthful statements stand without correcting them. I vow to write more, to debate more. with regard to THE MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT....abortion.....I vow to continue the fight to ban it and bring our country back to it's Constitutional principles and, in doing so, protect and defend the lives of our most innocent.

Folks,

If one thing is clear, it is this: without an educated, thoughtful citizenry, this country will fail. The greatest nation will be no more; we will have squandered our precious gift of freedom.

For me, I won't allow that to happen and am prepared to defend that freedom by any means necessary.

If you are of a like mind, here's what I recommend:

Education (SELF-education) is the key to maintaining our freedom and liberties. Here are three web sites (all non-partisan, all simple to navigate, all VERY comprehensive) which provide great research tools.

- KNOW your candidates before your vote
- KNOW the issues before your vote
- Then, when the election is over: WATCH THOSE CANDIDATES AND ISSUES AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE PERFORMING AS PROMISED!!!

Web Sites:

http://cagw.org/ Citizens against Government Waste

http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm On The Issues

http://votesmart.org/ Project Vote Smart

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

No comments: