Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Open letter to Alec Baldwin

Alec,

I read, this morning, about your comments regarding how "the right" hates you.

In an email for the "People for the American Way", of which you are a board member, you wrote:

"The Radical Right apparently hates me — perhaps as much as they hate my friend and mentor, Norman Lear. When I heard that, I considered it a badge of honor."

It's gotta be tough being a victim, Alec.

An IMMENSELY wealthy victim....

But, let's get something cleared up: the Right DOESN'T "hate you"....or anyone like you, for that matter!

In truth, The Right is indifferent to you. And we're indifferent to all those like you (the deliberately, consciously, willfully ignorant).

I was taught, growing up, that the opposite of love ISN'T "hate". Rather, the opposite of love is "indifference".

You see, "hate" is an emotion.

In being indifferent, no energy, time or emotion are wasted.

And, truly, Alec.....you AREN'T worth the effort.

Hope that helps. Have a day.

Meh-

Tim




No comments: